All Over the Interwebs: On Reading
Isn't it a goal for us all? Read more.
With the bingeworthy television we have access too (I see you Stranger Things) it's tough to crack a book rather than grab the Apple TV remote and settle in for a marathon. Especially in the winter time... nothing better than a La Croix, a bag of pretzels and a damn fine Netflix binge.
This year I've pledge to read 28 books (a big upgrade from last year's 5) and so far, I'm keeping up my promise to book more and binge less.
As I scour the interwebs for book recommendations, here's a few links I've found about (1) the benefits of digging into a good book and (2) all the best reads of the year.
- Mega-mentor Michael Hyatt gives you 5 ways a reading habit can make you a better leader. My personal favorite: reading expands our vocabulary.
- Entrepreneur.com lists reading as one of the 7 hobbies that are scientifically proven to make you smarter.
- The New Yorker asks "can reading make you happier?" and I think you'll be pleased with the answer.
- Inc Magazine, my go-to internet resource for all things small biz, put together this list of must-reads to add to your 2017 book list. BONUS: these recommendations come from some of the most legendary leaders in biz.
- NPR wins with this beautiful, easy to navigate, visual list of the best books of 2016.
What reads are you digging right now? Leave your recommendations in the comments.