All Over the Interwebs: You're almost 31.
May starts this week. In 26 days I'll be a year older with another list ahead of me. Or as HBF said today, "In 13 months you'll be 32."
Today I did early morning grocery shopping, watched Tangled (eh. it happened), feasted on papaya salad and egg rolls, met with the amazingly cool Jen and posted on Bastille's Facebook wall rather than seeing an Iowa "landmark," watching one of three Godfathers or reading a book.
I'm clearly focused on completing the remaining 16 items I've got left. (16 is more than half of 30 in case you were following along on my less than half way there progress.)
Ends up that all over the interwebs people are making lists of things (duh) just like I do. So this week's All Over the Interwebs is dedicated to lists of 31. You are welcome.
- Last weekend Chelsea was in town (yayayay!) We hugged babies, devoured queso and made an epic cheese plate. Additionally we crafted a delicious Easter breakfast that included first-time hollandaise (I fear this will become a reoccurring treat for me, oh how tasty a stick of butter can be) and a teeny Easter ham. Thank goodness the interwebs offers me a list of 31 things to make with leftover ham! Looks like I'll be baking some chive biscuits this week.
- It's ice cream weather, finally, and last night HBF kindly brought me home a strawberry sundae. I'm hooked on 2nd Street Creamery's jolly good toffee, but driving by Baskin Robbins everyday tempts me to try something new. Here's a list of their 31 original flavors, oddly listed in the LA Times obituaries.
- Nick Renkoski. Please weigh in. A list of 31 movies that are going to be remade or sequel-ed. I'm most intrigued by the inclusion Mrs. Doubtfire which probably says a lot about me.
- A lot of food links, yes, but after making baked hard-boiled eggs this morning (can you call them hard boiled anymore if you bake them?), I give you an ode to the multi-use muffin tin.
- And just so we get a little introspective, 31 things all leaders need to know about themselves. (Don't worry, my follow up post won't be all my personal answers.) Some seriously tough, but awesome questions appear on this list. Maybe the writers and producers of a potential Tomb Raider remake should consider this list before proceeding...
So many helpful lists. So few days left in my (truly wonderful) thirtieth year of life.
Who wants to loan me the Godfather Trilogy? And who can advise me on rillette making? And where can I find an Iowa roadside attraction?
[Big week ahead. Yeesh.]
Enjoy the last bits of April, friends.