May Day! May Day!
May Day! May Day! May Day!
I think winter opened into May. Seriously. It was cold and then POOF. Green grass and blooming magnolia trees and rain showers and skirts without tights. (I'm not kidding. It was a poof.)
There's been a whole lot of drawing and photoshop practice and genius planning in my last 30 days. I attribute that to the sunshine and the bloomin' trees and the mud puddle of grass seed in our front yard. (Speaking of front yards, I get to keep this one for another year. Expect more #stoopgarden adventures.)
The first day of May made my head spin. I'm feeling creative and inspired and ready to save the USPS one little letter at a time. (Okay, you're right. I feel this way a lot, but in the springtime I'm extra dreamery.)
So I pass it on. A few bits of inspiration that might help
- Get rid o the fear. Thanks Seth.
- Could somebody please send me a mixtape? (it is a lost art after all)
- Being nice to others = super important. But also. Being nice to ourselves = super important.
- Jenni and I saw The Minimalists speak in a fire-code-crowded room. These guys. Man. I felt inspired and claustrophobic and that my closet was over crowded. We all need to cut the fat, yes. These well-spoken dudes reminded me to assess the need vs want question, but also that we should "Love people and use things, the opposite never works."
Oh and check out these people who are following dreams and making bigtime happenings.
- Jessica is an idea sharer, an artist and a seamstress. She makes plans, pretty bags and sweet banners.
- Nicole (and Dime) is generous and colorful and makes bold jewelry you're going to want to see.
- This place looks to be something special in the making. Go get it, DMSC.
- Holy Mole I found a punny kindred spirit. Amazing.
- Adrienne Outlaw. I'm a fan girl. Really cool stuff going down in Nashville.
Let the springtime make you feel renewed and ready to change the world. May the days ahead be terrific.