5. Peek inside the Basilica of St. John . 7. Create a line of XO-LP Holiday cards. 8. Eat at Cafe di Scala . 12. Go to the Des Moines Symphony . 14. Cheer on the Bulldogs at a basketball game. 19. Celebrate the onset of the holidays (and sell a bunch of cards) at the East Village Holiday Promenade. 21. Coq au Vin. 22. Go to a movie. 23. Take a yoga class. Maybe more than once. 25. Play cards. 26. Perform with Our Kelly.
1. Try a new bourbon.
2. Make a pie for Thanksgiving.
3. See the Hawkeyes play live. (It's #13.)
4. Stir up something out of the "Cook with Jamie" book you couldn't live without.
6. Renew my passport.
9. Decorate the Stoop for Christmas.
10. Build a human pyramid.
11. Read a book. (This just can't seem to happen)
13. Master the art of winter layers.
And fearlessly wear tights.
15. See a play.
16. See Des Moines' Bass Pro Shop. (If it's cool in Springfield...)
17. Walk across that Center Street Bridge.
18. Take more photobooth photos.
20. Walk through that Woodland Cemetery.
24. Go see the ArtVend machine up in Ames.
27. Light the sparklers. Even though they are out of season.
28. Retry baking a cake.